5 Awesome Montana Facts
Montana is a pretty amazing state. There are some incredible things here that I didn't know until researching for this article. I think they are awesome.
- Did you know that Montana was the first state in the nation to elect a woman to Congress? This was done in 1916 before women were even allowed to vote! Her name was Jeanette Rankin. She was reelected to the same office in 1940.
- The Treasure State is the only state in the nation with a Triple Divide. What is this you ask? It's the only place in America that allows water to flow into the Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean and Hudson Bay. Pretty cool , huh?
- You probably knew this but just in case, there are more cattle in Montana than there are people.
- This state is home to the largest freshwater spring in the United States. It's called Giant Springs and was first discovered by Lewis and Clark in 1805. It flows 156 million gallons of water a day and the water stays at a nice 54 degrees.
- Last but not the least, the Montana Yogo Sapphire is part of the Crown Jewels of England.
That's just the tip of the iceberg. There are a lot of really cool facts about this great state of ours. All you need to do is look.
Did you know these?