It's Clark Days this Saturday and Sunday at Pompey's Pillar.  Come out at around 3 P.M..   "Revisiting The Trail" is the theme this year.  There will be food, kid and family activities, historical presentations, and free camping on site.  Saturday night will wind-down with ghost stories by the fire.  On Sunday, enjoy a pancake breakfast, historical activities and displays, kids activities, food from the trail, Native American Demonstrations and a whole lot more.

William Clark carved his name and date in the pillar on his way back to St. Louis from the Corp of Discovery.  He named it "Pompey's Tower" (in honor of Sacagawea's son, Pomp), however that was changed in 1814 to Pompey's Pillar.  Clark's inscription is the only remaining physical evidence found along the route that was followed by the Lewis and Clark Expedition.