Five Things I Have Learned As A Mother
Since being blessed with motherhood almost 13 years ago when my son was born, I have learned many things that I thought I already knew, or things that I thought were silly when other parents would say them. Imagine my surprise when as my mother would day “The chickens have come home to roost.”
Here are five of things that I have certainly learned since becoming a mother of two precious babies, Triston, a.k.a. Bean or The Boy who is almost 13, and Miss Bailey Diana, Boppers or Princess as she prefers to be called, who is almost 10.
- Repeat… repeat… repeat. Let’s be honest, how often do you ever had to tell a child something once? I have learned patience, as hard as it is to believe the kids are not on my timeline.
- There is apparently an unseen person or thing named “I didn’t do it” or “not me” living in my house.
- 10 minutes in kid time usually equals roughly two episodes of Spongebob Squarepants.
- When you are having the worst day and they are driving you crazy and you are almost at whits’ end, a simple “I love you Mommy” and a kiss makes it a perfect day after all.
- The most important thing I have learned as a mother so far. It doesn’t matter how old they are, they still need their Mommy, and that is the best gift I could ever want.
Make no mistake, I know that I have many more things to learn, and have no doubt my children will teach me each and every one of them.