How YOU Can Support the Big Sky All-Stars in the Little League World Series
With the Little League World Series Championship Game being broadcasted tomorrow at 1pm MST on Newsradio 95 and 970 AM, and the International Game on Sunday, many businesses in Billings and residents are helping to raise money to help defray the cost of travel for the Big Sky Little League All-Star players. Here are some of the businesses that are fundraising and how you can help:
- A fund has been set up at First Interstate Bank. Funds will be divided among the families of the players.
- Universal Athletics on 24th Street West is selling Big Sky Little League All-Star shirts for $10 each, with all of the proceeds going to the league.
- Hooligan’s Sports Bar and the Vig Alehouse are collecting donations for the fund from customers and are matching every dollar collected.
- The Fort in Big Timber has donated to the Hello Willimsport Fund at First Interstate Bank and challenges all other businesses to support the Big Sky Little League All-Stars.
- Buffalo Wild Wings will donate 10% of it’s game-day sales to the Little League travel fund.
- Farm Equipment Sales and the Glasgow Cal Ripken League are also raising money for the Big Sky All-Stars.
For Montanans on the East Coast who would like to go the game and watch the All-Stars play, the Montana State Society of Washington, D.C. has chartered a bus to make the 200-mile trip to the game. The trip is in part sponsored by a Washington bar and restaurant, My Brother’s Palace. More information is available by email Jed Link at firstname.lastname@example.org.