Isn’t There Anything Else To Do On Valentine’s Day?
Okay, as I've said before, if it wasn't for my son(it's his birthday), I would have nothing to do with Valentine's day.
So with that said, what else is there to do, other than spend the day/night trying hopelessly to create an atmosphere of love, romance and spontaneity, on a day that everyone "expects" it? It kind of defeats the purpose in a way, doesn't it?
I would like to know what else Billings has to offer those that want to avoid the pressure of this love sick day. So, I came up with my own list of ideas of things that I'd rather do than celebrate Valentine's Day with the masses. You can do any of these by yourself, a spouse or mix it up and bring your friends too.
- Go bowling. Nothing really romantic about this(although someone out there will try to make it so) Just fun, plain and simple.
- Catch a scarey movie at the theater or at home. Important notice: Must be a scarey one, not a chick flick. Don't defeat the purpose by watching some Nicholas Sparks tragedy.
- Read a book. I love to read. I love going to book stores and could get lost there for hours.
- Stay home, make dinner, hang out with the kids, watch t.v., go to bed.
- Take the kids somewhere fun. Geyser Park, Mc Donalds, etc. and let them choose.
It's not like I'm not a romantic person. I love it just as much as the next woman. However, I do have a problem with the media and the masses putting so much pressure to show your love on one specific day. I think that it should be shown everyday. I think that spontaneity should be just that...spontaneous. I hate the pressure. Am I crazy here?
Comment below and let me know what you think. What do you like to do on Valentine's Day? Can you convince me that it's day worth celebrating?