Livin’ Large Larry’s Meatloaf
(This is not the actual picture of my loaf)
This is not a family secret. I was entered in a meatloaf cooking contest at a radio station years ago in Kansas. I accepted the challenge and actually won the contest with this recipe:
- 1 & 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 hand fulls of un-cooked minute rice (may substitute bread crumbs)
- one quick pour of olive oil
- one long pour of cold foamy beer
- spice with salt, lemon pepper, or just pepper and garlic salt (substitute/add your spices too)
- 2 quick pours of bbq sauce
- one squirt of spicy mustard
- 2 quick squirts of ketchup
- Mix all of that in a bowl, with your bare hands!
- If the mixture seems to runny after kneading together then add a little more rice or bread crumbs.
- Put into a loaf pan or two pans for thinner meat loaf.
Let cook in pre-heated oven to 300 for about 50 minutes total cooking time. However with 10 minutes left in the cooking cycle add fried bacon crumbles on top and 5 thin strips of ketchup on top of the loaf.
Leave un-covered while cooking. If you are using two small loaf pans for thinner meat loaf, check cooking time after 35 or 40 minutes.
Try It, test it, taste it and let us know what you think!!