My Fireworks Rules Violations List For This Year
Here’s a quick rundown of all the things that I did wrong while lighting off fireworks this year:
- Didn’t buy fireworks specifically suited to the age group at our gathering.
- Encouraged kids to chase down and try to catch the parachuting soldiers that had just been fired out of a mortar tube 15 seconds earlier.
- Didn’t wait for the neighbor’s dog to go back home before setting off one, small fountain…..that freaked the dog out.
- Demonstrating to youngsters the proper amount of time to hold a lit firecracker before throwing it.
- And I found out that I may have lost a step when it came to lighting fuses and then not being able to get a safe distance away before the “instant” fuse set off said explosive.
I can’t wait to do it again next year.