My Week 8 NFL Picks To Help You Win Man Cave Furnishings
It goes without saying that my picks have been... ahem, mediocre to date. But I really feel this is my week. That said, unless you're Nick The Greek, if I were you, I'd use these picks to try to help you win this weeks' Pro Football Pickem' Pool here on www.catcountry1029.com.
1. Carolina at Tampa Bay. The up and down Panthers should easily beat the Bucs who are only DOWN.
2. 49ers at Jaguars. Jacksonville may eventually win one or two... but not today.
3. Browns at Chiefs. There's no way Jason Campbell, whose name this weeks' wheel of QB's has landed on, can prepare in time for KC's immovable defense.
4. Dolphins at Patriots. Could be an upset in the making but I'm taking the home team.
5. Bills at Saints. If you had to build a team from scratch would you start with Drew Brees or Thaddeus Lewis? Exactly!
6. Cowboys at Lions. My upset special of the week. If the game is close in the 4th quarter expect Tony Choko... er, I mean Romo to throw a pick. Detriot is at home and they can score points so it should be close.
7. Giants at Eagles. New York's offensive line has been well... offensive. However Philly's defensive line is no better and an Eli Manning with time to throw is dangerous so here is your other upset. I did pick the Giants to beat the Vikes last week so you can trust this pick... fingers crossed :-)
8. Steelers at Raiders. Last week Pittsburgh beat the Super Bowl champs and the week before they beat the Jets who beat New England last week. Are the terrible towels finally ready to be taken out of the moth balls? I think so.
9. Jets at Bengals. This game is a tossup. Every week in the AFC the race to be the 2nd best team (after Kansas City) seems to change. Normally in a game this close I'd give the edge to the home team but my gut says Jets.
10. Falcons at Cardinals. Carson Palmer is getting killed behind Arizona's porous offensive line.
11. Redskins at Broncos. The Colts proved that Denver's defense can be exploited and now that RGIII seems to be healthy this could be a shootout and a much closer game than Broncos fans will be comfortable with but... in the thin air in the Mile High city there is no way Denver can lose this game.
12. Packers at Vikings. Green Bay is reasserting themselves as the team to beat in the NFC North.
13. Seahawks at Rams. It kills me to say this but now that Sam Bradford is out for the season it's hard to see St. Louis winning more than 2 more games.