Soirée Star Musical Shootout Official Rules
Soirée Star Musical Shootout
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
The Alberta Bair Theater’s Wild West Soirée is a western themed day of family fun that includes, a street fair, food and crafts vendors, a chili tasting, entertainment and a free street dance in the evening.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Contest is open to Bands and performers 18 years or older at the time of entry.
3. How to Enter. The Contest will begin at 12:00 AM. (M.S.T.) on March 15, 2012 and end at 11:59 p.m. (M.S.T.) on June 1, 2012 (the “Contest Period”).
To enter, artists will go here between March 15, 2012 and May 12, 2012, to submit an electronic file of a recorded version of an original song. Voting will take place during submission period and from May 16 – June 1, 2012. All contest entries will be reviewed by Townsquare Media and Alberta Bair Theater staff. Submissions with derogatory comments, racial slurs and other inflammatory content will be rejected.
4. Voting. Entries will be posted to Cat Country’s Facebook page and available for listeners to vote on entries. The Top FIVE bands/musical artists with the most likes as of June 2, 2012 will be invited to perform at the Alberta Bair Theater’s Wild West Soiree Street Fair on Saturday, June 16. Bands must prepare and perform 30 minutes of music. Performance times will be scheduled beginning at 11:00AM and ending at 3:00PM. Band will be notified of their performance time by June 10, 2012.
5. Performance: The Alberta Bair Theater will have available on stage a drum set. Performers may bring their own cymbals but MUST use provided drum set. Performers my use their own, guitar, bass, horns, violins, keyboard, etc.
4. Winner Selection. The winner will be selected by panel of 3 judges on June 16, 201. The winning band will receive a cash prize of $500.00 and must be able to open for Bucky Beaver Ground Grippers during the Wild West Soiree Street dance at 7:00PM on June 16, 2012. The opening set will be 30 minutes in length.
Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an email account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an email account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
5. Prizes and Odds. One grand prize (first place) winner will receive an opportunity to perform at The Alberta Bair Theater’s Wild West Soiree Street Dance and a check for $500.00. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible participants.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified by telephone or email on or about June 3, 2012. Failure to reach winner within 24 hours of first notification may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
Winners will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law). Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within one (1) business day of first notification, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, contest entry, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of taxes on prizes.