Things My Mother Always Said
In honor of Mothers Day, I was reflecting on the things my mom always told me. She's been gone for a few years, but these are sayings she always used with me. How many of these can you recognize?
1. Mom taught me about ANTICIPATION: "Just wait until your father gets home."
2. Mom taught me about RECEIVING: "You're going to get it when we get home!"
3. Mom taught me to MEET A CHALLENGE: "What were you thinking? Answer me when I talk to you! Don't talk back to me!"
4. Mom taught me LOGIC: "If you fall out off that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."
5. Mom taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE: "If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way."
6. Mom taught me to THINK AHEAD: "If you don't pass your spelling test, you'll never get a good job."
7. Mom taught me HUMOR: "When that lawn mower cuts off your feet, don't come running to me."
8. Mom taught me how to BECOME AN ADULT: "Eat your vegetables or you'll never grow up."
9. Mom taught me about GENETICS: "You're just like your father."
10. Mom taught me about my ROOTS: "Do you think you were born in a barn?"
11. Mom taught me about WISDOM OF AGE: "When you get to be my age, you will understand."
12. And last but not least, Mom taught me about JUSTICE: "One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you... Then you'll see what it's like!"
Of course, no list of "Mom-isms" would be complete without the admonishment to: "Always wear clean underwear. You might get in a wreck."
What things does your mom tell you?