Tick Tock The Clock Is Ticking To Sign Up
The deadline to signup for Obama Care, or the Affordable Care Act as the Dems call it, is coming up in just over two weeks.
Did you know that the law could impact your future tax situation?
If you are one of those that already have health insurance, you are in compliance with the law.
If you have not signed up then you will be breaking the law as of March 31st you can be fined and those fines could be costly.
According to the the Vice President of Go Health Insurance, some taxpayers may be exempt from obtaining health insurance. from tax penalties.
Here are eight reasons he listed:
1. You’re uninsured for less than three months of the year
2. The lowest-priced coverage available to you would cost more than 8% of your household income
3. You don’t have to file a tax return because your income is too low
4. You’re a member of a federally recognized tribe or eligible for services through an Indian Health Services provider
5. You’re a member of a recognized health care sharing ministry
6. You’re a member of a recognized religious sect with religious objections to insurance
7. You’re incarcerated, and not awaiting the disposition of charges against you
8. You’re not lawfully present in the U.S.
There are also ‘hardship exemptions’ which can exclude people from having to buy coverage.
So just for fun I went to the website for Go Health Insurance and tried to get a quote. I entered my zip code and this is what I received!
Well I’m so glad that it was easy to sign up.
Have you signed up yet?