Walk To End Alzheimer’s
-By Dylan Fletcher
Make sure you lace up the walking shoes and join Cat Country and myself for the “Walk To End Alzheimer’s” Sunday at Riverfront Park. The Alzheimer’s Association walk is one that I have been doing for years, as this disease has affected me personally with my grandfather having it.
Right now more than 5 million people in our country suffer from Alzheimer’s. It is a devastating disease, as anyone that has to deal with it could tell you.
So Sunday you can stretch your legs and walk along with us. Get your family, friends, or co-workers to walk with you. Or just walk by yourself. Registration starts at 1pm, with the walking right around 2pm at Riverfront park…hope to see you there!” ~Dylan Fletcher
Join the Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s™ and unite in a movement to reclaim the future for millions. To sign up click here. or call 1-800-272-3900.
With more than 5 million Americans living with Alzheimer’s, and nearly 11 million more serving as caregivers, the time to act is now! When you register for Walk to End Alzheimer’s, you’re joining an unstoppable force of thousands of people who are standing up to this devastating disease.
Our journey starts now. It’s easy to join our team:
- Register. It takes just a few minutes online.
- Start a team. Participating in Walk to End Alzheimer’s is even more fun with a group. Ask your co-workers, family and friends to walk as a team. You’ll be amazed at how many people want to help.
- Fundraise. Every Walk to End Alzheimer’s participant is asked to raise money for the fight against Alzheimer’s. Alzheimer’s Association staff are ready to support you every step of the way with tips, tools and advice.
- Get Creative. Raise money with our online tools, hold a fundraising event or ask for a donation when you’re face-to-face.
- Walk! Walk to End Alzheimer’s is a unique experience. See the difference you can make as we walk to change the course of Alzheimer’s together.
Walk to End Alzheimer’s is the nation’s largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer care, support and research. Since 1989, this all age, all-ability walk has mobilized millions to join the fight against Alzheimer’s disease, raising more than $347 million for the cause. Events are held annually in the fall in nearly 600 communities nationwide.
All Walk to End Alzheimer’s donations benefit the Alzheimer’s Association, the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. The mission of the Alzheimer’s Association is to eliminate disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.