Local Produce and Family Fun at Healthy By Design Gardeners’ Market
- South Park
- Intersection of South 28th Street and Seventh Avenue South , Billings , MT 59101 United States
WHO: Healthy By Design, a community coalition
WHAT: Healthy By Design Gardeners’ Market, where shoppers can buy local produce
WHEN: 4:30 -- 6:30 p.m. on Thursdays, from June 13 through October 3, 2019
WHERE: South Park, intersection of South 28th Street and Seventh Avenue South
BILLINGS, MT – The Healthy By Design Gardeners’ Market, where you can shop for local produce and other items direct from gardeners and farmers, returns to South Park this summer. Weekly activities for all ages include:
- Live music: Local musicians perform twice a month.
- Power of Produce (POP): Activities encourage shoppers to sample and learn about produce.
- Pedal-Powered Library: The Billings Public Library brings books and information by bicycle, monthly from June through August.
- Move at the Market: Healthy By Design coalition partners encourage movement and active transportation, such as walking and bicycling.
- Gardening tips: Yellowstone County Master Gardeners answer gardening questions each week and offer children’s activities including seed pictures and scavenger hunts.
A schedule of activities and events can be found at the Healthy By Design website: http://www.healthybydesignyellowstone.org/events/.
The Gardeners’ Market accepts cash, debit cards, credit cards, WIC nutrition program benefits and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits. SNAP participants can double their spending power, using up to $10 of SNAP funds each week to buy up to $20 in produce through a dollar-matching incentive program.
The Healthy By Design community coalition launched the Market nine years ago as a way to make fresh food more available and more affordable. For questions please contact the Gardeners’ Market manager at 651.6444 or firstname.lastname@example.org