Exercising At Work?
Some people get a workout just by going to work. Sometimes it's not even intended, it just comes along with the job.
When I was a maxi-flatbed truck driver I got some of the best workouts just by tarping and untarping me loads, especially in summer time.
Others get a great workout each day because their job requires them to walk.
Here are six of the step-liveliest jobs, according to a study commissioned by the American Council on Exercise:
- Mail Carriers take 18,904 steps a day on the job.
- Custodians take 12,991 steps a day on the job.
- Restaurant servers take 10,087 steps a day on the job.
- Nurses take 8,648 steps a day on the job.
- Lawyers take 5,062 steps a day on the job.
- Teachers take 4,726 steps a day on the job.