Did You Know That January Is National Blood Donor Month?
Well, I just found out recently that it is. I also found out some pretty important facts about donating blood and why it’s so important as well.
Here’s just a few facts that I found according to The United Blood Services:
1. Every 2 seconds someone needs blood
2. This year alone, blood transfusions will help save or sustain the lives of more than five million patients.
3. Blood can only be stored for 42 days.
4. A healthy donor can give blood 3 times or more per year.
5. A regular donation takes only about an hour.
6. 1 donation of blood can save up to 3 lives.
These are only a few things, of the many, that I learned about donating blood and it’s importance. If you’d like to read more on this or maybe even like to schedule an appointment to donate blood, you can go to The United Blood Services website by clicking here.