Tax Deadline Is Almost Here!
April 15th is coming up this Monday. Are your taxes done? Do you know what you need if you are mailing them in? What if you're not ready, what then? Well, I've got a few tips that may be able to help!
If you are mailing in your taxes here are few things you might want to know.
- In order to meet the deadline, your return has to be postmarked by midnight Friday night, April 15.
- It has to be a U.S. Postal Service postmark.
- Postage meter postmarks are not okay
- IRS does not pay for Postage Due...Its YOUR responsibility to pay the correct postage(no getting out of this one!)
- Forms are available at Post Offices, libraries, and of course online. Just got to http://www.irs.gov/
Now, if you are not ready to file by April 15th, you can always apply for an extension and you don't really need an excuse. However, you do have to file the extension form and any tax you may owe, by the 15th of April. I've done this before and its not really not that hard. You've just got to get it all turned in on time!
I just did my taxes here in Billings at a local tax place. That's always the other option. I, personally, don't like dealing with the forms and I'm just pretty lazy really. Ha! But they take good care of me and have for years. So if you're like me, you might just want to find a local tax place that can help you!