UPDATE: Missing Poplar Toddler Has Been Located
UPDATE 7/1 9:25 AM: According to the Montana Department of Justice, Malachai Talley has been found and is safe.
An AMBER Alert was issued this morning (6/30) at 8:32 am for a missing toddler from the Poplar area. Malachai Talley is a 15-month-old Native/Black male with curly black hair and is about 2 feet tall. He was last seen wearing a grey/white onesie.
Malachai was forcefully taken from his home by Dejarrah Talley, a black male, and three unknown white males this morning after kicking down a door and forcefully entering the residence. All were possible intoxicated and the four men left the house in a small silver or white SUV. Authorities say their direction of travel was unknown, but the men may be heading to the Williston area.
Dejarrah is believed to be armed with a baseball bat. If you have any information on Malachai, please contact Roosevelt County/Fort Peck Tribal Police at 406-653-6240 or call 911.
The Montana Department of Justice website states that a number of criteria must be met to issue an AMBER Alert. Those include:
- There is reasonable belief by law enforcement that a child has been abducted or has disappeared under suspicious circumstances.
- The missing child is age 17 years or younger, or has a proven mental or physical disability.
- The law enforcement agency believes the child is in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death.
- There is enough descriptive information about the victim and abduction for law enforcement to issue an AMBER Alert to assist in the recovery of the child.
- The child’s name and other critical data elements, including the Child Abduction flag, have been entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) computer.