Billings Fire Department

Kitten Rescue
The Gazette reports an attempted kitten rescue went awry Wednesday night on the Rims below Swords Park when a young woman found herself stuck after she made her way down the rocky terrain trying to rescue the stranded animal. A friend with her called 911, and Billings firefighters responded shortly …
Jaywalker Struck
A man was hospitalized after being hit by a car while crossing Sixth Avenue in downtown Billings Tuesday morning.
Billings police Sgt. Harley Cagle said the man appeared to be jaywalking on Sixth between Broadway and 29th Street when a car struck him...
Fireworks in South Billings
A South Billings garage wasn’t under attack on Tuesday, but it may have sounded like it. Flames broke out in the garage at 41 Monroe Street after a battery ignited gasoline fumes on the floor, according to the Billings Fire Department...
Gas in Billings
If you smelled gas in Billings on Saturday, you’re not alone. The Billings Fire Department responded to a number of gas-related calls around town. Phillips 66 released a statement, saying they confirm there was a “minor unit upset” that is not dangerous to…
Fire Station Location Ideas
A few years ago when the city was building a new station for the fire department way out in the northwest part of our town, I came up with an idea. The city of Billings should've just worked with the hotel that we work at the top floor of and combine the two properties...
Fill The Boot Billings
It's that time once again. Time to dig into your pockets, fill the boot and help out a great cause...all in the middle of an intersection.
Members of the Billings Firefighters, International Association of Fire Fighters L0521, together with the Muscular Dystrophy Association will fan out across Billi…
Building Evacuated In Billings
Transwestern Building No. 3 was evacuated Thursday morning, April 14,  due to a report of suspicious powder.
According to Battalion Chief David Gilbert, the fourth floor of the Transwestern Building, 550 N. 31st St., Billings was evacuated after employees reported finding white powder in an…
Resident Suffers Minor Injuries
An occupant of a home at 222 Terry Ave. in Billings suffered minor injuries on Sunday while attempting to extinguish a fire, according to Deputy Fire Marshal Trever Schilling.
The fire occurred shortly before 4 p.m. and caused an estimated $1,000 in damage...

Load More Articles