There was a proposal by the county to add a 2 cent per gallon gas tax to your bill to help pay for road maintenance for motorized and NON MOTORIZED vehicles.  The answer should be hell no.

First of all anyone who operates a wheeled mode of transportation should have to be licensed.  Not only that, anyone on the roads should have to purchase liability insurance in case they cause an accident, that’s a no brainer.  If you are on the sidewalk or an off road bike trail no insurance required.

Paving, clearing, painting all cost money and we should start with license fees first.

More From Cat Country 102.9