Friday Fragments – 6/21/19
- I brined some boneless pork chops for the first time this week. And I will every time I cook them from here on out.
- Zero birdies this week. But I did hit several trees.
- Sheryl Crow's new song (featuring Stevie Nicks & Maren Morris) is a great song. She also has one with Joe Walsh, which is also good.
- Even though the owners of both Pug Mahon's and Fiddler's Green have passed away, you can still get that famous pork chop sandwich at Fiddler's Green.
- Rah Rah's on Highway 312 has a car show every Wednesday night AND great pizza and wings. They also have a drive through for "to go" orders.
- Salt packets have varying amounts of salt in them. Pepper packets always have not enough" in my opinion.
- While complaining about how many hours our daughter had spent on her phone one day, I couldn't help but wonder how many hours I logged playing with my Hot Wheels cars in my youth.
- From the "40 Things About Me" challenge on Facebook: I'll just give a couple. My favorite Kool-Aid is black cherry. My worst pain wasn't when the scalding brisket juice dripped onto my sock, giving me third-degree burns on the top of my "gas pedal" foot, it was when I was applying Liquid Bandage. My bottle had disinfectant added in. Ow.
I'm going to call my buddy Mike Monsos today. He's the buddy that I haven't spoken to in the longest time.
Have a great weekend.