Need A Vacation? Here Are The Signs
I recently returned from a weeks vacation and I'm already showing signs of needing another. While perusing an article on Health.com, I realized my vacation didn't accomplish what it was supposed to.
Is your job stressful? Are you white knuckling your computer mouse as your co-worker drones on and on about their children? Maybe "going postal" is beginning to sound like a reasonable option!
Here are some signs you may need to take a day or 7 off:
- If every problem feels like a huge issue. The boss asks you to re print a report and you want to bash them over the head with the printer... take a day off.
- If co-workers keep asking about your health. The guy in the next cubicle comments on your greenish completion... take a day off.
- If you make more mistakes than usual. You wonder why the front desk person is screaming, then you realize you just stabled her hand to your report... take a day off.
- If you have more aches and pains than usual. The usual pains being that guy who steals your yogurt out of the fridge or your cubicle mate listening to the same Bruno Mars song over and over. But if you are clutching your chest... take a day off.
- If you can't sleep. Tossing and turning thinking about ways to cut your boss' break lines without being caught... take a day off.
- If you're overly cynical about your job. Wait, IS THAT POSSIBLE?? Take a day off.
Some helpful tips to keep you employed and out of jail. If you suffer from any of the above, put down the blunt instrument, walk away from your boss' door and contact HR and request a day off.